Latest Coronavirus Advice from the Third Age Trust CEO, Sam Mauger
This is our latest coronavirus update. We will continue to update the advice when required to respond to any further developments in the spread of the virus.
We would ask U3A committees and members to keep fellow members up to date with advice about coronavirus.
Our advice currently is as follows:
At all times members should follow the most up to date government advice about coronavirus. We hope that coronavirus will not affect any of our members.
- ❖ If a member has returned from one of the areas identified by the government and has any of the symptoms identified on the government website
- ❖ they should not hold interest groups in their own homes, or attend interest groups or attend monthly meetings until they have followed the NHS advice provided after calling 111
- ❖ If a U3A finds that a member has contracted coronavirus, please let the Trust know immediately
- ❖ The members of interest groups that any member with coronavirus has attended should all call 111 to ask for advice
- ❖ The monthly meeting should be cancelled for that month (and possibly longer) until the spread of the virus has been assessed.
In general a U3A may consider other precautions such as using hand sanitiser gel in interest groups and monthly meetings and reducing physical contact such as shaking hands until further information becomes available.
|We understand that each committee will assess the risk to their members and make the decisions|
|that they feel can ensure the safety of their members, taking into account any known risks at that|